We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet
for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page
for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication
for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast
Thanksgiving morning either!
If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here
Brisket Fail - Help Needed
Last weekend, I did my first brisket and it turned out to be very tough.
- 5.55 lb brisket with a 1/2 inch fat cap
- Rubbed in Dizzy Dust (couldn't find Cow Lick) and mustard
- Set in a pan of Allegro, onion, Fat Tire and some hot sauce (Travis Method)
- Smoked with a mix of hickory and cherry chunks
- Cooked at 255* from 11:30am until 5:45am when I woke up and it the fire went WAY down to 179*
- Jacked the vents open and got it back up to 255* and then it shot back up to 289* for maybe 15-20 minutes, I adjusted it back down to 255*.
- Finally hit 195* internal temp at 7:30am (total time was around 8 hours)
- FTC for 4.5 hours
Turned out really tough while the brisket had a ton of liquid in the foil. Some spots had a smoke ring while others didn't. Did I cook it too long? Anything else I can fix? Is the liquid a reason why it was tougher lock-in a temperature? I didn't really have issues with locking in a temperature while doing ribs and a pork butt.