Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stubbs vs Rays side by side

TonyA
TonyA Posts: 583
I had two very similar racks of ribs that I prepared slightly differently from each other. Both had the membrane removed and rubbed the night before. One got a Stubbs Mop and Sweet Heat, the other got no mop and Sweet Baby Rays. I applied the mop only once as I was really looking to impart flavor over moisture. If I was going to mop for moisture I would not use this product more than once as the black pepper spice will quickly overpower other flavors.

The racks came out identical in texture. Take away what you will about the single application of moisture on the one rack. They also looked identical. The Stubbs turned out with a mild heat as opposed to much of a sweet heat. I attribute that to the mop. I liked them a lot but wished they had a touch of sweetness. The Rays always pairs well with my rub and in a light painting of sauce isn't so over the top. Those ribs have universal appeal.

I prefer stubbs ingredients. I'd like to try their mop and sweet sauce and the sweet heat sauce alone.

I didn't take pictures. You guys know what my ribs look like...

Comments