Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CyberQ WiFi Problem

Options
I am cooking a Boston Butt and set the CyberQ WiFi at 250*.  The unit works fine and is flashing so the WiFi should be working but I'm not able to get a readout on either my Mac or my Iphone.  I have successfully used the CyberQ WiFi before although at times it would stop showing the status.  Before when it stopped, I turned it off and then back on and it was good to go.  This time, when I couldn't get it to show status and turned it off and then back on, nothing happened.  I've checked all the settings and they seem to be OK.  BTW, I'm using in infrastructure mode.  Has anyone run into this problem before and if so, have you found a solution??
Fayetteville, Ga

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    I've only watched the YouTube tutorial. The CyberQ is showing up in your list of wifi networks, you can connect to it using the IP Address, but nothing is coming up when you go to that address in your web browser?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• BobsBGE
    BobsBGE Posts: 99
    Options

I've only watched the YouTube tutorial. The CyberQ is showing up in your list of wifi networks, you can connect to it using the IP Address, but nothing is coming up when you go to that address in your web browser?
    When the CyberQ is in infrastructure mode, it doesn't show up as a wifi network.  You're actually connecting through your own network by placing an IP address in your web browser.  You are correct if you are operating in ad hoc mode.  In ad hoc mode it will show up as a wifi network and you put a different IP address in your web browser (or at least I think it's different).  I even tried switching from infrastructure mode to ad hoc mode and couldn't get that to work either.
    Fayetteville, Ga
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Sorry man, before I worked for State Farm I did media/technology installations. I wish I could help more.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer