Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just us two

henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
Just the wife and I tonight so any ideas on a good dinner besides steak. She won't eat lamb... It might be bone in ribeyes.. Just thought something different might be nice.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 502
    Went to a "Longhorn steakhouse" this week and had a nice 18 oz bone in ribeye.  Wow.  Really good.  I have to work on my steaks on the BGE.

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    Any chance a butcher in your area might have a hanger steak?  That cut (popular in Europe but relatively new here in the States as a somewhat available cut) has been on my "want to try" list since I had a couple friends order it from a nice restaurant while on a motorcycle trip with them.

At least it will probably be something new and different to try. :)
    ·
  • We're going simple tonight because I'm replacing my gasket in the XL today so it's out of action.  Brats on the small is on our menu tonight.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Not sure if you can get duck but its really good if you can get it. 
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 602
    Never done it but maybe a nice tuna steak.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,930
    What about a Canadian Goose :)
    Louisville
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 907
    edited July 2013
    I just suggested potato bacon bombs on another thread. They're awesome!

@Fred19Flintstone, I'm planning the exact same thing today. Are you going to take the top off? I think I can't clean up the edge without disassembly. Don't have a ton of great workspace on the condo patio...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • mikeb9550mikeb9550 Posts: 95
    How about a fish dish with some rice. Can do it kinda nice and a bottle of wine.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    Oh yeah Tony, Pan blackened red snapper/tilapia/grouper done in a CI skillet served over a bed of rice with a dollop of melting... butter on the rice. You can us paul purdhomme's blackening powder. Tastes good. Maybe some of that G'fiddich to wash em down.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Year the top is off for cleaning the old gasket off.  I'm going Rutland on the bottom.  I'm going to put together a thread on it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 907
    @Fred19Flintstone just finished mine. We'll see how it turns out, somewhat worried that I didn't use enough of the adhesive, I have about half the tube left. Also, I used every inch of the Rutland, did not have any left to trim. 

Good luck, it wasn't hard per se, but I am concerned about how it will end up.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,661
    Baked spaghetti.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,279
    Fijitas, stuffed chicken breasts, salmon, pork tenderloin or even hamburgers.
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Publix had bone in ribeyes on sale. Picked up the Greenwise brand... Hope they're okay.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,586
    Maybe it's too late, but my vote is for some seafood - lobster tails, tuna steaks, scallops - something to kick it up a notch for you and the missus.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    She's not a huge seafood fan.. If i brought home a duck she'd pimp slap me.
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,437
    I did country ribs for two last night.  90 minutes at 350, could have gone a little less. They were huge - almost 1 lb each, and no bone.   Apple and maple for smoke, got a real nice bark on them.  One left over will end up in a Cuban sandwich tomorrow!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 121
    One of my faves is stuffed chicken.  I use a cheese knife to cut a pocket in boneless/skinless breast, stuff it with some cheese (gouda or swiss) and some ham, wrap it with a a criss cross of bacon and secure with toothpicks.  Smoke over apple.  Pretty easy. 
    ·
    That's a family favorite. I stuff with artichoke hearts, spinach and cheese.
    ·