Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just us two

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Just the wife and I tonight so any ideas on a good dinner besides steak. She won't eat lamb... It might be bone in ribeyes.. Just thought something different might be nice.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Went to a "Longhorn steakhouse" this week and had a nice 18 oz bone in ribeye.  Wow.  Really good.  I have to work on my steaks on the BGE.

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • New2Q
    New2Q Posts: 171
    Options
    Any chance a butcher in your area might have a hanger steak?  That cut (popular in Europe but relatively new here in the States as a somewhat available cut) has been on my "want to try" list since I had a couple friends order it from a nice restaurant while on a motorcycle trip with them.

At least it will probably be something new and different to try. :)
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    We're going simple tonight because I'm replacing my gasket in the XL today so it's out of action.  Brats on the small is on our menu tonight.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokingOzarksBBQ
    Options
    Not sure if you can get duck but its really good if you can get it. 
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Never done it but maybe a nice tuna steak.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    What about a Canadian Goose :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I just suggested potato bacon bombs on another thread. They're awesome!

@Fred19Flintstone, I'm planning the exact same thing today. Are you going to take the top off? I think I can't clean up the edge without disassembly. Don't have a ton of great workspace on the condo patio...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • mikeb9550
    mikeb9550 Posts: 95
    Options
    How about a fish dish with some rice. Can do it kinda nice and a bottle of wine.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Oh yeah Tony, Pan blackened red snapper/tilapia/grouper done in a CI skillet served over a bed of rice with a dollop of melting... butter on the rice. You can us paul purdhomme's blackening powder. Tastes good. Maybe some of that G'fiddich to wash em down.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Year the top is off for cleaning the old gasket off.  I'm going Rutland on the bottom.  I'm going to put together a thread on it.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone just finished mine. We'll see how it turns out, somewhat worried that I didn't use enough of the adhesive, I have about half the tube left. Also, I used every inch of the Rutland, did not have any left to trim. 

Good luck, it wasn't hard per se, but I am concerned about how it will end up.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Baked spaghetti.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Fijitas, stuffed chicken breasts, salmon, pork tenderloin or even hamburgers.
    Greensboro, NC
  • henapple
    Options
    Publix had bone in ribeyes on sale. Picked up the Greenwise brand... Hope they're okay.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Maybe it's too late, but my vote is for some seafood - lobster tails, tuna steaks, scallops - something to kick it up a notch for you and the missus.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    Options
    She's not a huge seafood fan.. If i brought home a duck she'd pimp slap me.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I did country ribs for two last night.  90 minutes at 350, could have gone a little less. They were huge - almost 1 lb each, and no bone.   Apple and maple for smoke, got a real nice bark on them.  One left over will end up in a Cuban sandwich tomorrow!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    One of my faves is stuffed chicken.  I use a cheese knife to cut a pocket in boneless/skinless breast, stuff it with some cheese (gouda or swiss) and some ham, wrap it with a a criss cross of bacon and secure with toothpicks.  Smoke over apple.  Pretty easy. 
  • henapple
    Options
    That's a family favorite. I stuff with artichoke hearts, spinach and cheese.