Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just us two

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
Just the wife and I tonight so any ideas on a good dinner besides steak. She won't eat lamb... It might be bone in ribeyes.. Just thought something different might be nice.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Went to a "Longhorn steakhouse" this week and had a nice 18 oz bone in ribeye.  Wow.  Really good.  I have to work on my steaks on the BGE.

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    Any chance a butcher in your area might have a hanger steak?  That cut (popular in Europe but relatively new here in the States as a somewhat available cut) has been on my "want to try" list since I had a couple friends order it from a nice restaurant while on a motorcycle trip with them.

At least it will probably be something new and different to try. :)
    ·
  • We're going simple tonight because I'm replacing my gasket in the XL today so it's out of action.  Brats on the small is on our menu tonight.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Not sure if you can get duck but its really good if you can get it. 
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 615
    Never done it but maybe a nice tuna steak.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,655
    What about a Canadian Goose :)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,017
    edited July 2013
    I just suggested potato bacon bombs on another thread. They're awesome!

@Fred19Flintstone, I'm planning the exact same thing today. Are you going to take the top off? I think I can't clean up the edge without disassembly. Don't have a ton of great workspace on the condo patio...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • mikeb9550mikeb9550 Posts: 95
    How about a fish dish with some rice. Can do it kinda nice and a bottle of wine.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526
    Oh yeah Tony, Pan blackened red snapper/tilapia/grouper done in a CI skillet served over a bed of rice with a dollop of melting... butter on the rice. You can us paul purdhomme's blackening powder. Tastes good. Maybe some of that G'fiddich to wash em down.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Year the top is off for cleaning the old gasket off.  I'm going Rutland on the bottom.  I'm going to put together a thread on it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,017
    @Fred19Flintstone just finished mine. We'll see how it turns out, somewhat worried that I didn't use enough of the adhesive, I have about half the tube left. Also, I used every inch of the Rutland, did not have any left to trim. 

Good luck, it wasn't hard per se, but I am concerned about how it will end up.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,450
    Baked spaghetti.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,449
    Fijitas, stuffed chicken breasts, salmon, pork tenderloin or even hamburgers.
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    Publix had bone in ribeyes on sale. Picked up the Greenwise brand... Hope they're okay.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    Maybe it's too late, but my vote is for some seafood - lobster tails, tuna steaks, scallops - something to kick it up a notch for you and the missus.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    She's not a huge seafood fan.. If i brought home a duck she'd pimp slap me.
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,542
    I did country ribs for two last night.  90 minutes at 350, could have gone a little less. They were huge - almost 1 lb each, and no bone.   Apple and maple for smoke, got a real nice bark on them.  One left over will end up in a Cuban sandwich tomorrow!
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 294
    One of my faves is stuffed chicken.  I use a cheese knife to cut a pocket in boneless/skinless breast, stuff it with some cheese (gouda or swiss) and some ham, wrap it with a a criss cross of bacon and secure with toothpicks.  Smoke over apple.  Pretty easy. 
    ·
    That's a family favorite. I stuff with artichoke hearts, spinach and cheese.
    ·