Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Advice sought on ABT's

HibbyHibby Posts: 417
I'm sadly absent of any photo-cooks as of yet. I always cook with the intention of taking pics but seldom get enough pics to make it worthwhile. I'm going to make ABT's tomorrow for the first time on the egg (made before on Weber Smoky Mountain). I'd like to provide the best end result quality-wise for great pictures and I just have a few questions. 1) does one stand a better chance of preventing the cream cheese from oozing out if the ABT's are prepared before and chilled in refrigerator prior to cook? 2) what is the preferred cooking temp and duration? 3) will be cooking on a CGW swing rack. Should I still use Platesetter? 4) Platesetter legs up or down? Thanks in advance for your wisdom or sage advice. I will include my recipe as I think you'll find it a bit unique. Hibby.
Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio

Comments