Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

F this heat, can't wait for Fall

hapsterhapster Posts: 7,056
This heat is silly

I can't believe I decided to egg when given the option of eating out!

Duh...

Couple of chicken bobs for the ladies and nice thick porterhouse for daddy. With a big salad to round things out.

While I was at the store I spied some veal chops in the case. Picked up two of them. So cute, they look like baby porterhouses.
·

Comments

• AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    Where are you, I am in Savannah Ga and so damn sick of the heat, humidity and rain that I could scream.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Looks like you guys'll have to come down to south Flarida to cool off!
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    Heating up the hot outside makes better sense that heating up the kitchen.  Couple of years ago when the triple digits began in May and went thru September I don't think I turned on the oven once everything was cooked on the egg.   
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,961
    It's been nice down here in New Orleans.  Mild winter, so far mild summer.  Lots of rain though.

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    edited July 2013
    It's been nice down here in New Orleans.  Mild winter, so far mild summer.  Lots of rain though.
    We just sent you more rain.  Started raining monday evening and finished up last night.  Wonderful relief and lots of moisture.  Wished it had stayed around for maybe a month :-)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,710
    edited July 2013
    Given the choice of heat or cold-heat wins every time in my world.  Spent my youth in cold country and that was fun, but as I accumulate laps of the sun you can't beat warm weather.  Besides the hotter the more you need adult beverages to keep hydrated, hard to argue with that :)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,056
    I love where we live in PA. But we really only get maybe 6 week of good weather a year. Ass end of Spring and Fall
    ·
  • mikeb9550mikeb9550 Posts: 95
    I enjoy the heat. Hate the snow. Wish I lived somewhere tropical. Michigan winters suck. Can only spend 1/2 year outside.
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,944
    We need rain here in the midwest and the temps have been way high.  But still did some country style ribs tonight with some taters and a NY Strip.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
    mikeb9550 said:

I enjoy the heat. Hate the snow. Wish I lived somewhere tropical. Michigan winters suck. Can only spend 1/2 year outside.

Wahhhh... Buy another sweater. And you are closer to the Tigers!

JK ;)
    ·
    nomnomnomnom nom nommidy nom nom

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,148
    Awesome, hope the heat did not hurt your appetite, that steak deserves to be ravished.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    I am sick and tired of this mother effin heat on this mother effin planet!

·

I am sick and tired of this mother effin heat on this mother effin planet!

So am I... Getting a little chubbed thinking that the movie "Day After Tomorrow" might be possible
    ·
    Think positively, hap....at least the freon legislation is working.  The ozone layer started looking better the last few years.  In effect, we'll have less skin cancer as we sweat our asses off.

·

Think positively, hap....at least the freon legislation is working.  The ozone layer started looking better the last few years.  In effect, we'll have less skin cancer as we sweat our asses off.

F that @nolaegghead. I want a nice tan while being cool as well :))
    ·
    Late night adult refreshment...
    Some Titos and lime with a Casa Magna. My favorite cigar.
    image.jpg 656.5K
    ·
    Mid stick...

Yep. My favorite.
    image.jpg 426K
    ·
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    It's Eggin weather in North Texas.  Not a single triple digit day in the 10 day forecast.  Mid to high 90's.  Looks like July is going to be mild.

North Texas

XL BGE

·
    RV10Flyer said:

It's Eggin weather in North Texas.  Not a single triple digit day in the 10 day forecast.  Mid to high 90's.  Looks like July is going to be mild.

Nice. You suck a little bit...

But nice. Hope the humidity doesn't get too bad.

Enjoy!!!

H
    ·
    hapster said:
    F that @nolaegghead. I want a nice tan while being cool as well :))
    Cool, I'l ice-pick a few old ACs in the neighborhood to help you out.... ;)

·
  • TommyboyTommyboy Posts: 7
    Chilling in Gilbert, AZ. Monsoons bring the temperature down, but will bring the humidity up tomorrow. Nothing like slow cooking without lump.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    I was in gilbert last year... 116. Dry heat or not, 116 is hot.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 197
    @hapster my some just returned from Cancun and he said it was cooler there than her in Chester County
    ·
  • In the future @hapster - more pics of que, less of hairy legs... ;) Only 2 weeks until fall college fb camps open!
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    +1 on Tito's and lime. I add some Ginger Beer and drink it from a copper mug.