Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Leftover country ribs help

robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,815
What can I do with these things?  I cooked a bunch Memphis Style (no sauce) yesterday and they came out OK.  I have about 4 pieces left that are in the fridge at home and I took one to work and nuked in the micro (Very Dry) so I do not want to just nuke them later.   Anyways we want to use them for dinner tonight.  What can I do to them to make them good again?  No juice or BBQ sauce as I need low to no carb.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• onelikearockonelikearock Posts: 115
    Spray with some apple juice.... wrap in foil heat in oven at lowest temperature.
    Chesapeake, VA
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,815
    Trying to avoid adding sugar/juice. Any other ideas?

Garnerville, NY
  • rholtrholt Posts: 375
    I think that small amount of juice for moisture would be negligible in your low carb diet.
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,465
    Try beef or chicken broth.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • ZaltydogZaltydog Posts: 71
    I used leftover meat from ribs in Keri's Hog-apple baked beans recipe.  These were loved by all and I think the ribs had lots to do with it. 
    I am thinking I will vacuseal and freeze and use on a chili or something Down the road

Thanks

Garnerville, NY
    I am thinking I will vacuseal and freeze and use on a chili or something Down the road

Thanks

Garnerville, NY
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 344
    Cut off the meat and make a rib pizza.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• I've done rib meat calzones.  Also used the rib meat in a meatloaf.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,618
    Butter in a bag. Butter in a bag, w. a dash of apple cider vinegar. A piece of bacon, uncooked.