Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pulled Beef Zucchini Boats

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,760

We found an enormous zucchini hiding from us in or garden last week.  We figured it would be full of seeds and inedible, so we kept putting off using it for anything.  Last night, I figured I'd slice into it to take a look before it went bad.  I was surprised to find that the inside was just fine!  So I improvised and made up these Zucchini Boats with some Smoked Pulled Beef I had in the freezer. 

I scooped the inside of the Zucchini with a spoon and pulsed it up in the food processor.  I ended up straining the juices off that a little bit and added it to a skillet along with the Pulled Beef, Garlic, Grape Tomatoes, Jalapenos, and fresh Basil.  The Grape Tomatoes and Basil were also from our garden.

Topped everything with some Gorgonzola Cheese and baked it indirect at 350 deg f for about 45 minutes.  Threw some Seasonings on there at some point into the cook.  I forgot to season the Zucchini before I placed the Beef mixture on top. 

These turned out awesome!  Sometimes the improvised meals are the best kind.  :)

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments