Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef Zucchini Boats

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024

We found an enormous zucchini hiding from us in or garden last week.  We figured it would be full of seeds and inedible, so we kept putting off using it for anything.  Last night, I figured I'd slice into it to take a look before it went bad.  I was surprised to find that the inside was just fine!  So I improvised and made up these Zucchini Boats with some Smoked Pulled Beef I had in the freezer. 

I scooped the inside of the Zucchini with a spoon and pulsed it up in the food processor.  I ended up straining the juices off that a little bit and added it to a skillet along with the Pulled Beef, Garlic, Grape Tomatoes, Jalapenos, and fresh Basil.  The Grape Tomatoes and Basil were also from our garden.

Topped everything with some Gorgonzola Cheese and baked it indirect at 350 deg f for about 45 minutes.  Threw some Seasonings on there at some point into the cook.  I forgot to season the Zucchini before I placed the Beef mixture on top. 

These turned out awesome!  Sometimes the improvised meals are the best kind.  :)

Comments