Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

table for green egg

I used a Kreg pocket jig to make a table.  I found that when I opened the lid the green egg would tilt back.  I was fortunate to realize that the three feet would snuggly fit in the gap and by spacing them 1/3 around the green egg in the gap, the egg was secure.  Works good.  Diameter of hole is 22 inches for large egg with 15 inches from top of bottom shelf to top of top shelf.

good luck
rick
·

Comments

• Use a table nest. Problem solved.
    Large, Medium, and Mini BGE, a few accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter and powdery snow. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    Lookin good...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    edited July 2013
    Kreg pocket jigs are essential tools if you don't want your creation to look like it was constructed by Dr. Frankenstein..... ;)

Nice job!

·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I would be careful about having the feet wedged in the gap. During a hot cook the egg might expand and cause additional stress in the ceramic base. Worse case is that u could crack the base. Thats one of the reasons why there is an oversized hole.
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 344
    Gotta love the Kreg. Table looks great good job. I used it also.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Table looks awesome, but I would pull those feet out. The egg needs expansion room.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 451
    Nice looking table
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    ricks said:
    I used a Kreg pocket jig to make a table.  I found that when I opened the lid the green egg would tilt back.  I was fortunate to realize that the three feet would snuggly fit in the gap and by spacing them 1/3 around the green egg in the gap, the egg was secure.  Works good.  Diameter of hole is 22 inches for large egg with 15 inches from top of bottom shelf to top of top shelf.

good luck
    rick
    That looks great, I have an LBGE and would love a table like that. Can you share any more info/plans on it?
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    From a structural standpoint, you don't need so many legs.  From a design standpoint - we pretty much don't look at the structural standpoint....

·