Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

table for green egg

Options
I used a Kreg pocket jig to make a table.  I found that when I opened the lid the green egg would tilt back.  I was fortunate to realize that the three feet would snuggly fit in the gap and by spacing them 1/3 around the green egg in the gap, the egg was secure.  Works good.  Diameter of hole is 22 inches for large egg with 15 inches from top of bottom shelf to top of top shelf.

good luck
rick

Comments

• Powderhound
    Powderhound Posts: 139
    Options
    Use a table nest. Problem solved.
    Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Lookin good...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Kreg pocket jigs are essential tools if you don't want your creation to look like it was constructed by Dr. Frankenstein..... ;)

Nice job!
    Options
    I would be careful about having the feet wedged in the gap. During a hot cook the egg might expand and cause additional stress in the ceramic base. Worse case is that u could crack the base. Thats one of the reasons why there is an oversized hole.
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Gotta love the Kreg. Table looks great good job. I used it also.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Table looks awesome, but I would pull those feet out. The egg needs expansion room.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Nice looking table
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    Options
    ricks said:
    I used a Kreg pocket jig to make a table.  I found that when I opened the lid the green egg would tilt back.  I was fortunate to realize that the three feet would snuggly fit in the gap and by spacing them 1/3 around the green egg in the gap, the egg was secure.  Works good.  Diameter of hole is 22 inches for large egg with 15 inches from top of bottom shelf to top of top shelf.

good luck
    rick
    That looks great, I have an LBGE and would love a table like that. Can you share any more info/plans on it?
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    From a structural standpoint, you don't need so many legs.  From a design standpoint - we pretty much don't look at the structural standpoint....