Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Porterhouse, Scallops, potatoes and pics.

DeviledeggerDeviledegger Posts: 239
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
I've had my LBGE for over a year and have cooked so few steaks. So this weekend I made it happen. I went caveman for a sear (aprox. 40 sec. A side) then 350* for 3-5 min. Per side. It was great. If anything I would have cooked it a hair longer. I need a thermapen and CI grid. imageimageimageimageimage
image.jpg 1.7M
image.jpg 1.4M
image.jpg 1.5M
image.jpg 1013.9K

• tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Man, nice work! I'd eat all of that in a heartbeat.
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 376
    Tell me about the scallops.  I will have visitors in August and he loves them.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• DeviledeggerDeviledegger Posts: 239
    @tyenic1 Oh believe me I tried to eat it all and almost succeeded! It was a good meal!
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,648
    Never thought of slicing potatoes so many times, then wrapping in bacon.
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.  
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,877
    Looks good, like the potatoes.  When I do caveman style, I cook 60 seconds per side and only season with salt OR add seasoning after searing to avoid burning the pepper.

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage. •Niccolo Machiavelli