Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2nd BGE a little advice please

Hi. Kinda new here but I've had my LBGE for years. After your earlier great advice on a 2nd egg I'm picking up a second LBGE on Mon.

Here's where I'd like some advice. The new eggs come w a ss grid. My old one came w the old porcelain black grid which I quickly replaced w ci. I really only use the ci grid for everything.

The shop has offered my choice for either one.

Do you guys like the ss grids? I'm thinking of adding an adjustable rig w extender which I believe will also be ss. If that's the case do I really need the ss grid that comes with it? If not, I'm thinking of just getting a second ci grid.

I'm also not sure I'd need the adjustable rig w 2 LBGE's since I'll have so many options w 2?

Any advice from you guys is much appreciated.

Thx,
Matt

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,471
    edited June 2013
    I have converted to stainless on all four of my eggs.  I have a 10" CI for my mini and a 13" CI that I use on my small or the spider on my large.  I like the stainless as it requires no special care and it's very easy to clean after messy low and slows.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    I prefer the ci grate for grilling both the ss for smoking. Most of what I do is smoking so my ci sits inside the bbq trailer most of the time.
  • mdoziermdozier Posts: 86
    Thanks for the input. Think ill get the ss since I've got one ci but no ss.
    Thanks again