Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd BGE a little advice please

Options
Hi. Kinda new here but I've had my LBGE for years. After your earlier great advice on a 2nd egg I'm picking up a second LBGE on Mon.

Here's where I'd like some advice. The new eggs come w a ss grid. My old one came w the old porcelain black grid which I quickly replaced w ci. I really only use the ci grid for everything.

The shop has offered my choice for either one.

Do you guys like the ss grids? I'm thinking of adding an adjustable rig w extender which I believe will also be ss. If that's the case do I really need the ss grid that comes with it? If not, I'm thinking of just getting a second ci grid.

I'm also not sure I'd need the adjustable rig w 2 LBGE's since I'll have so many options w 2?

Any advice from you guys is much appreciated.

Thx,
Matt
Nashville TN 2 LBGE's and counting

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have converted to stainless on all four of my eggs.  I have a 10" CI for my mini and a 13" CI that I use on my small or the spider on my large.  I like the stainless as it requires no special care and it's very easy to clean after messy low and slows.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    Options
    I prefer the ci grate for grilling both the ss for smoking. Most of what I do is smoking so my ci sits inside the bbq trailer most of the time.
  • mdozier
    mdozier Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks for the input. Think ill get the ss since I've got one ci but no ss.
    Thanks again
    Nashville TN 2 LBGE's and counting