Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A little embarrassing moment today - Caught in the Act

So I did not do as well as I thought from my surgery, so basically have been on bed rest for the past 1 1/2 weeks.  Been eating the crap that DH has got from carry out.  Over last weekend we had the massive patio poured and finished.  Today I felt good enough to go outside and check it out, my poor EGG was sitting out in the dirt and looked so lonely. So now the EGG is in here rightful place, up on the patio!!  While I was admiring the EGG up on the patio and checking it out, I even said out loud, "How have you been, I have missed you!"  .  A roof salesman was just standing there watching, he scared the crap outta me.  Anyone been caught in the act?
·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,164
    As long as it wasn't in the act of coitus... You'll survive.

Dust yourself off and get back to egging and posting.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,903
    Not quite, but I check on them often to make sure they're still there.

How come your DH doesn't give them some love for you?
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 338
    Hope you are getting better. not yet but it will happen, love cooking on the egg!!!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,762

@LizzieSamps-sorry to hear about your down-time but now is a perfect chance to convince DH that you need another BGE so DH can get into the game and share in the Kool-Aid fix.  Gotta strike when the iron is hot

:)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,407
    Hope you're feeling better soon.  Pics of the patio?
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,344
    Multiple times. Friends and family think I am crazy. But they sure don't hesitate to one over and eat any opportunity they get. The more I drink, the more I talk to my eggs. Love em.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Been caught once by the SWMBO, she looked at me and said "How can you love and inanimate object?".

I replied you just don't understand, years later she does understand the love I show for my egg and she benefits everyday from our love.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,286
    Oh yeah I do. I do draw the line at talking to the lawnmower or my table saw, but my car and my egg, we are pretty much on a first name basis. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    I've been caught giving my egg a little pat on the dome when not in use thinking I was having a few fleeting moments alone with my egg
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Let's see if I remember how. This is just where the egg sits for now.

image.jpg 2.6M
    ·
    Ok, here is the other side. With the table and some of my outdoor furniture. It is not all out yet started to rain.

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,419
    Hope you recover well. Patio looks great! Is that stamped concrete?

I missed my eggs while I was on vacation. Got back home and hugged them.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 481
    Nice Lizzie ! Get Well Soon !!!!!!

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
    Yes it is stamped concrete with the sidewalk it is roughly 900 sq ft. Cant't believe it ended up being that big but once you start putting thugs on it the space no Longer feels like a driveway!
    ·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    If your egg starts talking back to you, it may be time to cut back on the medication a little.....Nice patio and i hope for a quick recovery.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,407
    Let's see if I remember how. This is just where the egg sits for now.
    Patio looks great - We have the same exact one, same color.  Love the stamped concrete.
  • SookieSookie Posts: 103
    LOL I like you Lizzie. 
    ·