Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

prime rib recipe???

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for a good prime rib recipe, thanks for the help.[p]JH

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    jh,[p]You will most likely get several techniques to check out. Here is a link to my prime rib page.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Prime Rib[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Hey thirdeye! I have a rib roast coming up soon and I'm gonna use your recipe. I think its the best one out there for my need to have the meat evenly cooked across the cut. I have eggsperamented with thick cut ribeye steaks and the sear at the end REALLY worked well as the steak was evenly pink across the thickness of the steak. I hope to post some pic's when I do the big 4 bone roast. Question; Can I trim off outside fat(cap)left on the roast by the butcher since the egg does not dry out meat?
    Clay

• thirdeye
    Options
    Clay Q,[p]On big roasts, I have trimmed a little then made a cut between the fat cap and the roast just big enough to get some rub in between, and left most of it on. Usually, since the roast is so well marbeled anyway, I trim excess fat leaving a little on for the flavor factor and for the self basting effect. [p]Happy Trails[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    jh,[p]Thirdeye is right on. I managed to use a whole bunch more words to say what he posted on his blog. You might find a little more data on my site below.
    [ul][li]Rib Roasts[/ul]
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    jh, I have always done mine this way with never a issue.
    Dome running at 250
    Season the roast as you wish. I then place the roast in the Egg bones down over a platesetter. Take the roast till the center is 125. Remove from Egg and rest for about 15 minutes. Bring the Egg to sear temp and sear the roast to your likeing. Take off and rest about 10 minutes. Man is it every so good.

• Scrambled Eggs
    Options
    jh,
    i used one of the recipes that thirdeye posted and i have to say it was the best prime rib ive ever had. it was the one that started with a mustard coating. thirdeye if you read this thanks.

• OctoberGlory
    Options
    Coat with Kosher Salt and Lawry's Seasoned Pepper. This is a nice combo - simple and very tasty. It really lets the flavor of the meat come through.

OctoberGlory
  • thirdeye
    Options
    Scrambled Eggs,[p]You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome :~)[p][p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~