Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Home for my XL

I have been a long time lurker who gets a lot of ideas from this site and wanted to share the new table I had built for my XL.

Photo: Favorite toy has a new home

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    nice dude. I wish I had the time and space for a table like yours. I went the easy way and bought a challenger cart. Your table is really nice. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Nice job! You won't be sorry for all the room on top.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• freedog74
    freedog74 Posts: 63
    Nice table!  What kind of finish is on that table?
  • It is cedar with 2 coats of honey gold sealer
  • Yea GK59 I had it in a nest with no room on the top for stuff for 2 years so I made sure it took up the whole 10 feet of the deck when I had it built
  • JSobotkin
    JSobotkin Posts: 30
    very nice! i was looking to do something like that and replicating the 72" Challenger Cart.

XLg BGE - JANUARY 2013

Spare rib anyone? – Adam

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Very nice table!  I think I remember Chad - isn't he a forum member?  Actually, I think I remember him though the description of his tiny shop...10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag.
    Awesome table!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Chad is an egger, not sure if he is on the forum or not. I found him on Criag's list and he was great to work with. My wife wanted all the stuff that was just laying on the deck out of site so we went with 2 lage cabinates that he came up with. If you are in the Atlanta area and are like me and dont have the time or skill to build your own I highly recommend Chad.

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    very nice!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• nolaegghead
    Yeah, I remembered right. He's Chamlin

A while back, he posted basically an ad that he makes tables and a few zealots attacked him for violating forum rules (not me).  He just went through a divorce and has two daughters.  Very nice guy.

I can't figure out where the boundary is in trying to do business on this forum....some people do it, others get attacked.  I'm all for the small business person.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1147416/what-i-get-for-not-reading-the-rules/p1
    small world.  Gotta love it.
  • That was funny...I guess that is why I found him on craigs list and not on the forum. Again, I love my table and really enjoyed working with Chad. Super nice guy and actually wrote me a check at delivery becuase I overpaid what we agreed to...which he caught not me.

• nolaegghead
    I have a pretty good radar about people, and he seems like that kind of guy.  Again, don't get why some people attack a small business man - it's not cutting into BGE corporation's profits, yet, the same people don't mind the big company shills hawking their goods, I guess because they're behind known names, marketers and interweb presence.  I'm just super confused.
    Great looking table. I definitely like the cabinets to hide all of the extras. I'm still at the planning stage for my table. What's the trick for lowering the XL (220 lbs!) into the hole?
  • Take it apart and a have a friend for the base.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I have a pretty good radar about people, and he seems like that kind of guy.  Again, don't get why some people attack a small business man - it's not cutting into BGE corporation's profits, yet, the same people don't mind the big company shills hawking their goods, I guess because they're behind known names, marketers and interweb presence.  I'm just super confused.
    Always fun to look at old battles
    :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Always fun to look at old battles
    :D
    Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

Oh, wait.
  • Little Steven
    The table is beautiful but I would really keep an eye on the wood under that tile. They have a habit of getting hot (the eggs) and burning the wood through the tile or stone. I had a bbq related fire and feel the need to point it out. Cedar shake siding on the house?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I love all the tabletop surface area.  Nice table.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    @nolaegghead I just went back through that post and was looking at your pics. Your beer refrigerator looks like mine. Maybe I should say the contents look like mine. My actual fridge is a deep freezer converted to a refrigerator to hold homebrew kegs. I like to keep a good variety of beer too.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• The table is beautiful but I would really keep an eye on the wood under that tile. They have a habit of getting hot (the eggs) and burning the wood through the tile or stone. I had a bbq related fire and feel the need to point it out. Cedar shake siding on the house?

Interesting, most of the tables I see are wooden tops, does the granite tile do anything to make it more likely for a fire? The egg does not touch the table top?

It is Cedar shake on the house 

• Little Steven
    edited June 2013
    @Ravendavis, No I was talking about the base of the egg getting hot and burning the wood below the tile you have under it.      

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @Ravendavis, No I was talking about the base of the egg getting hot and burning the wood below the tile you have under it.      
    Nice workspace, seems inadequate to call it a table. 
    Without an air gap under the egg, the base of the egg will get hot enough to burn the wood under the paver as the paver basically becomes part of the egg base. The paver will conduct heat to possibly exceed the famous "451" ignition point. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    shtgunal3 said:
    @nolaegghead I just went back through that post and was looking at your pics. Your beer refrigerator looks like mine. Maybe I should say the contents look like mine. My actual fridge is a deep freezer converted to a refrigerator to hold homebrew kegs. I like to keep a good variety of beer too.
    I try to keep it well stocked.  I don't drink a lot of beer, but when I do.... ;)  And we have people over all the time so I want to be prepared.  Mostly I drink Kentucky bourbon.  Cool, I want to get some of those Cornelius or whatever they're called kegs and do some brewing.

Ravendavis - tell Chamlin to get back on the forum - he could drum up some business here - people are always asking about where to get a table....