Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fast Cooking Briskets

Seems like there are quite a lot of fast cooking briskets this weekend. Anybody have any idea if there is some sort of celestial phenomenon that would account for this?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    I've been cooking at about 280 for my briskets. Seems to take about 1hr per lb.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
    I wish that was the case with mine. I am at 15 hours and its only at 180 internal. Dome temp has been between 225-250. It was looking too dark so I wrapped it in foil about an 1.5 hours ago and raised the temp to 275. Maybe i'll kick it up to 300. I was hoping to eat it around 2...not looking so good for me!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    frankc623 said:

I wish that was the case with mine. I am at 15 hours and its only at 180 internal. Dome temp has been between 225-250. It was looking too dark so I wrapped it in foil about an 1.5 hours ago and raised the temp to 275. Maybe i'll kick it up to 300. I was hoping to eat it around 2...not looking so good for me!

I cook mine at 275 grid. That's about 300 dome.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • frankc623 said:
    it will jump fast in foil. You'll be done well before 2 if you wrap it at 180. Keep an eye on it- it will shoot up fast

·
  • frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
    thanks guys. Internal temp is at 193 at the moment. i'll pull it at 195 and FTC it...

Is an hour FTC'd sufficient enough?
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
    ·
  • I cooked mine at about the same temp as Travis yesterday and the 5 pounder was done in 3 hours.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·