Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you were gonning to build a new table...

eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
eggtable.jpg
<p />This is the table for the large[p]The new table i'm building (for the small)is just started and I can always add on, but if you were gonna build a better version of what you have now what would you do different?[p]I wish i had added two drawers. One four inch deep drawer and a second deeper drawer just below for the big stuff.

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    eggor,
    Those poles look awesome. Does the rest of the "cover" have that same appearance. If so I would try to recreate that look.

• eggor
    dhuffjr,mmmm well err uhhhmmm.... i guess i did say somthin to the wife two years ago about finishin the cover and then the back patio would be done. I know its somewhere on the todo list. ;o/

• eggor, If you wanted to add a drawer I saw an idea to build a box and use rigid casters on the bottom side. The casters ride on the ground and you can make the box as big as the hole directly under the lower shelf all one drawer.
    I used this idea in my garage and you can load them down with all kinds of things and I never have had a problem. I used cheap small casters from Home Depot.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    IMG_00321.jpg
    <p />eggor,
    why not go ahead and add drawers to your existing table? Afterall all a drawer is is a box without a top attached to the framework - in this case your table legs. This pix is of my table in which I made the riser to bring up my small into a drawer - a real handy drawer I might add!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    RRP,[p]What's that white stuff on the ground...Never see any of that in Mississippi.[p]The Hulk
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    RRP,
    I love your moon rock collection. We should have a moon rock contest or something on here one day. That would be funny.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • tableholder2levels.jpg
    <p />eggor, This 2 tier holder is wonderful when handling hot grids or stones. It's collapsible too, but it's always in use, so it's alway up. Tom

• RRP
    EggcredibleHulk,
    it's pina' colota mix that I spilled all over - kinda festive looking don't you think?

• RRP
    Squeeze,
    as the saying goes - that pix was taken many moons ago and my collection has doubled!

• eggor
    Sandbagger,[p]I think i'll retro the large table and add at least one if not both drawers. I was planning on adding a grid hanger of sort with some kind of drip pan that can be cleaned. now i need to come up with something like that for the pizza stone. glad you pointed it out, just one more thing to help avoid that honey-do list. ;o/[p]Scott

• Sandbagger,[p]Did you construct the rack yourself or did you purchase it. If so, from where. I would also like something similar to this and would have to attach it to a standard BGE table.[p]Tired Jim
  • TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    RRP,[p]In that case, I do need directions so I can make it to your next "shindig".[p]The Hulk
  • Tired Jim, I made it. Parts list is 2x2 square wall pipe, a couple coupling nuts, some 1/4 and 3/8 inch round bar and a couple pins and deck screws.[p]It's easy to make and you might get away with soldering the joints. Email me if you need help or directions to make. Tom[p]
  • eggor,
    Mine must have wheels.

• Hey Eggor,

Beautiful table! California Redwood...?

Where did you get the marble? It is just the countertop variety or something special?

How did you attach it and how are you supporting it underneath?

You've given me some great ideas for customizing the compact BGE table I ordered.

Thanks,

Chris
    Santa Clara, CA
    I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.
  • eggor,
    When I built the table for my small, I put doors on the front and slid in stainless serving pans instead of building actual drawers. It works great. This would be an easy retofit to your table for the large.
    You can see my table at
    http://www.brickner.com/db/activities/vittles/bge/campegg.html
    Dave

• eggor
    CampCook,
    I just checked your setup, very nice. I like the idea of the pans instead of the drawers. How often do you get around to loading everything up?[p]Scott

• eggor
    actually the wood is a south american redwood i believe, its called a number of different things bloodwood, ipe, ironwood. I think ipe is the more common term.

the granite is the counter top stuff, you can get a small piece either free or at least very cheap. most countertop fabricators will have the stuff laying around outside by the tons in small pieces. I cut it with a diamond wheel and happen to have the grinding pads to put on a decent finish. I'ld leave it to the pro's if you don't have them.

there is one support down the center and i just put some 3/8 inch weatherstrip all around to set it on. I would like to see a pic if you can when you finish your table

Scott
  • Hey Dave,

Your posting and BGE webpage has me convinced that BGEs bring out the brilliance in people.

They not only cook great food, but inspire people to do REALLY COOL stuff.

Nice setup!!!

Chris
    Santa Clara, CA
    I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.
  • Hey Scott,

Ah, Ironwood, I know it well, good stuff.

I figured you were using countertop left overs. I know that the pieces that are created when a sink hole is cut that don't get bought by the guys making cutting boards can be usefull.

Great job!

Chris
    Santa Clara, CA