Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SURVEY!!! What is the "ONE" food item that you absolutely abhor???

1235»

Comments

• SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 385

it's a three way tie between celery, water chestnuts and grapefruit. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • sticks88sticks88 Posts: 94
    GREEN PEPPERS ....YUCK!

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

·
  • LBC DawgLBC Dawg Posts: 111
    only 2 things I've found that I won't or can't eat. raw coconut and crunchy pretzels. can't do either one.
    ·
  • tgklemantgkleman Posts: 202
    Liver, except for foie gras
    ·
    edited June 2013
    sticks88 said:
    GREEN PEPPERS ....YUCK!

@sticks88 and @Griffin .  Both of you cited green peppers.  Do red or orange peppers work for you?

And @sticks88 You just said "green peppers" rather than "green bell peppers" like Grif did.  Does that mean you don't like jalapeños or serranos either?

Just curious.
    @-)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,413
    sticks88 said:
    GREEN PEPPERS ....YUCK!

@sticks88 and @Griffin .  Both of you cited green peppers.  Do red or orange peppers work for you?

And @sticks88 You just said "green peppers" rather than "green bell peppers" like Grif did.  Does that mean you don't like jalapeños or serranos either?

Just curious.
    @-)
    I also am in the green pepper yuk category. Unfortunately, the aversion extends to all capsicum, but green peppers are the worst. This is probably because of the large quantity used ib many dishes. But hotter green peppers, like Jalapeno's are also offensive.

A few years ago, I was working on my chili recipe. I had a large variety of various dried chiles. I decided to double the amount I had previously used. FWIW, it was mostly anchos. As I ate a bowl, I could taste the dread "green pepper" flavor. Sure enough, within the hour, it was like someone had hit me in the gut.

I like a good bit of heat. I have cayennes in my garden, and a bag full of thais in my fridge. But eating more capsicum thangives good jolt of heat is most unpleasant for me.

One of the worst meals I ever had included a sauce made from roasted red peppers that had been poured over almost everything on the plate.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768

@Village_Idiot and @gdenby I can do red, yellow and orange bell peppers, but not green for some reason. I try every once in awhile to see if my tastes change, but nope.

I'll go ahead and throw in canned asparagus as well. Love the fresh stuff, canned...yuck.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Griffin said:

@Village_Idiot and @gdenby I can do red, yellow and orange bell peppers, but not green for some reason. I try every once in awhile to see if my tastes change, but nope.

I'll go ahead and throw in canned asparagus as well. Love the fresh stuff, canned...yuck.

How about green eggs and ham... do you like that?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    maybe not a food item but the only thing ive had to chuck was fish from long john silvers, that is absolutly disgusting. our long johns is paired with a taco bell, taco bell gets 5 stars in that joint
    :))
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 439
    Cilantro is by far the most abhorrent food item I have ever encountered.
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Hibby, after another year of breathing lump charcoal dust, the cilantro will go down easy!!!  Welcome to the club, and the world of egging...
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 439
    No dice @charlie_tuna I've been breathing lump dust for nearly ten years and my affection for cilantro is unchanged. Thanks for the welcome.
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • BeaumontyBeaumonty Posts: 171
    cooked spinach.   :-&
    ·
  • Mud PigMud Pig Posts: 459
    WalrusBBQ said:
    Eggplant
    I second that, anything that smells like iodine when you cook it should be exterminated by the hammer fist of an angry god.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,666
    edited June 2013
    Funny how 90% of the food listed that folks abhor are in the top 10% percent of my favorites....but hey, that's why restaurants have menus.

·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,040
    mayonnaise based food: potato salad, tuna salad, etc...

I just hate the smell of mayonnaise. It smells like spoiled milk. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
    Funny how 90% of the food listed that folks abhor are in the top 10% percent of my favorites....but hey, that's why restaurants have menus.
    We just don't like foods that make you ugly.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,984
    My favorite part about cilantro haters is that they have an apparent genetic defect... Mutant weirdos... ;)
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Lobster tomalley, ick.
    ·
    Lobster tomalley, ick.
    Wow !  Great to see you here, Rebecca !!! Please stay.  We need more class here.  :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • newby84newby84 Posts: 51
    Olives , I don't discriminate black or green.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Pretzels, I can't stand them. I fly quite a bit and when the flight attendant hands me a bag a those nasty eats I get quite angry and act like a 3 year old.
    Something about them just does not sit well with me.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • blueinatlblueinatl Posts: 93
    I have to admit there are things I don't prefer but not a lot that I truly dislike.  I think I have to go +8 on the tripe!
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 558
    Broccoli. :-&
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • StreetgliderStreetglider Posts: 104
    Liver, never.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
    ·