Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib question

Options
Is cooking at 325 dome considered turbo?
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Depends on what you're cooking.  Pizza - no.  Block of mozzarella - yes.   Pork butt or brisket - borderline - high end of low-n-slow, low end of turbo.  If it makes the food sound sexier, yep.
    Options

does it really matter?

Cookin in Texas
  • zosobao5150
    zosobao5150 Posts: 133
    Options
    I would say yes.
    XL BGE
  • SickEyeDiaz
    SickEyeDiaz Posts: 162
    Options
    Depends on what you're cooking.  Pizza - no.  Block of mozzarella - yes.   Pork butt or brisket - borderline - high end of low-n-slow, low end of turbo.  If it makes the food sound sexier, yep.
    Block of Mozzarella?!!

Please tell me more! Recipes appreciated!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Ribs and Pork Butt are probably the two cuts of meat that can be done the most amount of ways on the Egg.  Many will swear to low and slow (below 250*) others will say 300* and still others will go upwards of 400*. I think it depends on what quality of meat you are using and your tastes.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I missed the "Ribs" in the title.  Group with butts and brisket.  .
    Options
    Block of Mozzarella?!!

Please tell me more! Recipes appreciated!

@sickeyediaz a lot of guys on here smoke their own cheese. It's on my to do list.
    Boom