Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need tuna recipe for tonight

Options
Memphis
Memphis Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wife came home with two very nice looking tuna steaks - YUM. Need some ideas for tonights cook.

Comments

• Bama Fire
    Options
    Memphis,
    I cook it just like a beef steak -- high temp for a minute of two on both sides, depending on thickeness. Approximately 2 minutes per side per 1.25 inches of thickness.[p]Next, I'll shut down the top and bottom vents and just let the meat sit. Depending on how you like your tuna, I prefer on the rare side of medium rare, the dwell period will be about 2 minutes for a 2 inch steak.[p]As for maridate, I use a bit of soy sauce, seasame seeds and oil. I lightly toast the seeds, them mash, and combine with oil and few cloves of pressee garlic. Rub with oil into the steak and dust with salt and pepper. Do not let it sit for longer than an hour prior to cooking.[p]Cook luck!

• guavawood
    Options
    Memphis,[p]Don't overcook it![p]
    If it's fresh, you can eat it raw. Try a piece. If you have some soy sauce and wasabi mix them together and dip the meat in raw and eat. I like mine seared on very hot griddle with most of the inside still reddish pink. It keeps cooking from its own heat after you take it off the heat source. [p]If you over cook it will taste like dried chewy rubbery chicken.[p]Aloha![p]Greg