Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bought a B/I pork shoulder that came cut in half! Oh no!

The way the shoulder was packaged, it appeared to be a normal pork shoulder but alas it is in two strips, each weighing about 3.75lbs. I've never cooked a shoulder that was in two pieces before. I know the cooking time will be less but I'm also wondering if I'm going to have trouble keeping it moist. Smoker is running at 250* right now, but I'm going to try and take it down to about 220* over the course of the cook. I've taken some extra precautions to try to avoid  drying it out....injected with 3 cups, slathered in mustard and a water pan. I'm planning on keeping it on the smoke for 2 hours...maybe three if I can drop the temp quickly enough. Should I wrap it in foil before then?

Comments