Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NorCal EGGers... UNITE!

Chris
Chris Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks, [p]Kevin, Smitty, Bruce, et. al.... [p]I know I'm new to EGGing and such, but I think I have a really good plan (and location!) for a Bay Area Eggtoberfest. [p]I have space, equipment, potential workers, and even a charity worked out. [p]The place has over a 75 year BBQ history, shaded picnic table seating for 450, parking for over 200 cars, indoor seating for 400, and a commercial kitchen. Plus its near the 880/101 interchange and easy to get to. [p]I'll post my ideas if anyone is interested. I'm not looking to be "in charge", just to help get an event going. [p]Even if you'd just be interested in attending, post a response and say Hi. [p]Chris
Santa Clara, CA
Newbie EGGer

Comments

• Chris,[p]We seem pretty "united" already...all 6 of us. LOL[p]Sounds like your backyard would be plently big enough at this point. 400 parking spaces!?!...where would we get all those cars? [p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Chris
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]Sorry, I can't help it... I think big and I think towards the future.[p]According to the guy at the BBQ Galore in Campbell there are "a lot" of EGGers in the area and they sell several BGEs a month.[p]I was thinking that if we posted flyers at the BBQGs we could get a pretty good turn out. Hey, maybe even some sponsorship...![p]Think there would be interest?[p]Chris
  • Chris,
    There will be a BGE demo in Sacramento at the Brewfest...interested?

• Greetings jruloph,
    Could you provide a few more details on the Brewfest in
    Sac. I live reasonable close & could visit my grandkids in Auburn.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• Hi Chris,
    Seating for 450 & parking for 200, my you certainly are ambitious. lol
    I would love to attend with my brood, it's quite a bunch when you count the grandkids.
    Are we talking Oct.'05 or '06?
    Cheers & have a great weekend.
    bruce

• badbruce,
    Well I set up big green egg demo at festivals thru out California. Normally I do all the cooking and talk up the big green egg for the retailer in that city. I thought it would me fun if some egger were in the area want to come down an cook and talk to people about there egg's
    The event is this Saturday between 1-6 PM at discovery park in Sacramento. It is being held inside the brewfest. I'm providing food to cook, and you can get in for free.

• Chris,[p]How about Vasona park in Los Gatos? [p]Wingnut

• Chris
    Wingnut,[p]Thanks a great suggestion, but I bet the permit would be a nasty one to get.[p]My idea is to have it at Napredak Hall in north San Jose. My mom is general manager. So we have an "in"...[p]Chris
  • Mornin' jruloph,
    I usually schedule estimates for Saturday & would need a little more advanced notice.
    Have fun.
    bruce

• I know where the Napredak Hall is. I play in a band on the side, and we did a gig there once. sounds like fun, you can count me in, as long as I'm in town then. At the very least I can attend, but I don't have a way to transport the egg, unfortunately.
  • chris,[p]Count me in. I am a few miles from you in Campbell.[p]
    Wingnut

• Wingnut,[p]Any interst in going in with us on some "Wicked Good" Charcoal? See Kevin's post about a pallet he has coming in soon.[p]Chris,[p]I am in negotiations with "Grate Mates" upper management in Cypress, Texas on a bit of corperate sponsorship for this inaugural "Eggs By The Bay" event. Any chance of getting any help from any locqal retailers like your new Pals at BBQ's Galore?[p]What weekend do you have in mind?[p]-Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Chris
    Hey Folks,[p]Smitty, Bruce, Kevin, Wingnut, & JR, et. al.,[p]Here's my master plan so far...[p]Thinking towards the future and imagining something decent in size that is promotable to the public and thus attractive to sponsors...[p]*Hold the event at Napredak Hall in San Jose. See my original posting for the specs on the place. The Hall is already the site of the Cupertino Lions Club annual Wild Game Feed.[p]*The Cupertino chapter of the Jaycees (Junior Chamber of Commerce) would be the official "host" and handle logistics for the event such as registration, setup, and event staffing and management. They would in turn benefit financially from the event, the funds would go towards their charity efforts. Event management and hosting is already a function of this organization. I am a member of this chapter.[p]*Ideally we would start with corporate sponsorship from BBQ Galore. They are the NorCal distributors of BGEs and they are in a position to aid with event promotion. Store flyers, ads, and supply of equipment in exchange for primary sponsorship rights and priveledges.[p]I know there's more to work out, but the people I have talked to so far with the JCs and the Hall like the idea. Next would be to talk to BBQ Galore.[p]Any thoughts or input?[p]Chris[p]
  • Hey Wingnut,

Vasona is a great idea, I just don't know how the logistics would work out, plus I don't have an "IN" with Vasona like I do with Napredak. My mom is the general manager.

Chris
    I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.
  • Hey Smitty,

No particular weekend in mind yet. In retrospect, it doesn't need to be an "EggtoberFest" it could just be an EGGFest whenever it works out.

I think there's more to investigate before setting a date yet.

Chris
    I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.
  • Chris,

Are you "Chris" and "scHotRod" in this thread? I got an email address from the "Chris" profile. I think you are the same, maybe not.(?)

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• That's me, yet anothe reason why I'm not found of having TWO bulletin boards...!

Chris/scHotRod