Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Turbo

Options
Bought three 5lb butts.  I needed them done quick so I thought I would try my hand at turbo. 350 all the way.  Started them at 7:30.  They are currently at an IT of 185.  I wrapped at 165.  I hope this works.  I have to work all day and need to just reheat tomorrow.  How should I store them tonight? How should I reheat tomorrow?  Thanks for the help. 

I will add the after here in a bit. 
LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I would pull tonight and put in food saver or ziplock bags. There will be other ideas on storage coming soon. I am a cook and eat (freeze for later kind of guy).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    You didn't mention when they were finished or when you need them tomorrow??  I'm figuring you are refrigerating them after a proper rest period tonight??  But tomorrow, three hours before serving, place the butts in their foiled wapping package into an over at 300 degrees, keep them warming up for 2 1/2 hours.  Remove from the oven in their original foiled package and transport to the serving area.  Pull just prior to serving.. 
  • Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Options
    Thanks for the help on these, @mickey.  I am looking forward to trying the finished product. 192 now.  These go fast once you foil!
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • Eggucator
    Options
    @Charlietuna they will be done in 15 minutes or so.  I need them at 7 tomorrow.  I will be home around 4:30 so I can reheat like you said.  Thanks for the help. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    7:00 PM ??  Thats a easy issue!!  Remember, you can hold pork in your cooler for five hours if (?) necessary, i like to pull mine "on site" -- makes it "part of the party"!! 
  • Eggucator
    Options
    @charlietuna I am going to pull them tonight(probably in 5 minute, IT is 197) and need them tomorrow evening(7:00 pm) for a get together.  I will do like you said and heat in an oven when I get home around 5:00pm tomorrow afternoon.  I will pull on site for sure.  Thanks for the help.  
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN