Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Birthday cook ideas?

My birthday is next week and SWMBO said, "What are you making for your birthday dinner?" 

It took a moment to register.  What am I cooking myself for my own birthday?  Something about that sounds wrong.  Shouldn't this be my day? Shouldn't I be served my favorite meal?  Why am I cooking it?  But, it's not like I want anything other than Egged food.  And I'll be damned if someone else is touching the Egg.  Cooking my own birthday meal it is! 

So what should it be?  Objectives are as follows:

1.  Go big. 

2.  Cost and time not factors...to an extent.   

3.  Cooking for 5

4.  Knock the socks off of my father in law (who will be in town for two weeks)

5.  Already on the menu during my father in law's stay:  deep dish pizza, pulled pork, babyback ribs, ABT's (so these are out for birthday meal ideas)

What should it be?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

Comments