Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ozark oak in PA

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
i was looking at Fred's site he sells ozark oak for 550.00 a skid of 64 bags .wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a skid and splitting it .If 4 go in on it thats roughly 137.00 each for 16 bags roughly 8.59 a bag .we could meet at his store and split it right there 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• chainsaw19chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Where in PA?
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    shillington pa 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
    A little out of my range I think, too bad
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    edited June 2013
    Seems like a good price. What size are the bags? I've got 30 bags stocked right now, but perhaps in the future.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,346
    That's for a 10 pound bag.  I've used Ozark Oak and like Humphrey's Charcoal better.  @cortguitarman arranged a group buy of 3 pallets (90 bags at 20 pounds each) and had them shipped to a trucking depot in the Harrisburg area.  He and I met there and divided it up and took home some for others as well as ourselves.  Including the shipping it came to less than $13.50 for a 20 pound bag.  If you order fewer pallets, the price per bag goes up.

I think Humphrey's is better than wicked good (about the same density but easier to start).
    Barry Lancaster, PA
    ·
    Shiff said:
    That's for a 10 pound bag.  I've used Ozark Oak and like Humphrey's Charcoal better.  @cortguitarman arranged a group buy of 3 pallets (90 bags at 20 pounds each) and had them shipped to a trucking depot in the Harrisburg area.  He and I met there and divided it up and took home some for others as well as ourselves.  Including the shipping it came to less than $13.50 for a 20 pound bag.  If you order fewer pallets, the price per bag goes up.

I think Humphrey's is better than wicked good (about the same density but easier to start).
    If you do this again post a thread Harrisburg isn't too far from me
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
    Thanks for clarifying @shiff. It would take a really good deal to make me stray from Humphrey. As long Lee at Humphrey can keep the good prices coming, Ill keep doing our group buy.

@bigphil you were in on our first group buy of Humphrey. Keep us in mind. Our price has gotten better because our order amount has gone up. As long as we order 3 or more pallets, the above price will hold true, if not get cheaper.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    @cortguitarman i had just missed it 
    ·
    I usually make a buy twice per year. Once in winter and once in spring
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • corb69corb69 Posts: 149
    I live in Arkansas and prefer the Ozark Oak myself.
    ·