Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ozark oak in PA

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
i was looking at Fred's site he sells ozark oak for 550.00 a skid of 64 bags .wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a skid and splitting it .If 4 go in on it thats roughly 137.00 each for 16 bags roughly 8.59 a bag .we could meet at his store and split it right there 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Options
    Where in PA?
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • bigphil
    Options
    shillington pa 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    A little out of my range I think, too bad
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Seems like a good price. What size are the bags? I've got 30 bags stocked right now, but perhaps in the future.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    That's for a 10 pound bag.  I've used Ozark Oak and like Humphrey's Charcoal better.  @cortguitarman arranged a group buy of 3 pallets (90 bags at 20 pounds each) and had them shipped to a trucking depot in the Harrisburg area.  He and I met there and divided it up and took home some for others as well as ourselves.  Including the shipping it came to less than $13.50 for a 20 pound bag.  If you order fewer pallets, the price per bag goes up.

I think Humphrey's is better than wicked good (about the same density but easier to start).
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    Shiff said:
    That's for a 10 pound bag.  I've used Ozark Oak and like Humphrey's Charcoal better.  @cortguitarman arranged a group buy of 3 pallets (90 bags at 20 pounds each) and had them shipped to a trucking depot in the Harrisburg area.  He and I met there and divided it up and took home some for others as well as ourselves.  Including the shipping it came to less than $13.50 for a 20 pound bag.  If you order fewer pallets, the price per bag goes up.

I think Humphrey's is better than wicked good (about the same density but easier to start).
    If you do this again post a thread Harrisburg isn't too far from me
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying @shiff. It would take a really good deal to make me stray from Humphrey. As long Lee at Humphrey can keep the good prices coming, Ill keep doing our group buy.

@bigphil you were in on our first group buy of Humphrey. Keep us in mind. Our price has gotten better because our order amount has gone up. As long as we order 3 or more pallets, the above price will hold true, if not get cheaper.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • bigphil
    Options
    @cortguitarman i had just missed it 
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    I usually make a buy twice per year. Once in winter and once in spring
    Mark Annville, PA
  • corb69
    corb69 Posts: 155
    Options
    I live in Arkansas and prefer the Ozark Oak myself.