Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

An Open Note to This Forum

Hi All,

I'm a long-term lurker and short-term contributor (?) to this forum. I have had my LBGE for a bit over a year now, but have cooked on a stick burner for a couple of decades.  I'm finding myself converting more and more as time goes by.  My Weber gasser is essentially a storage unit now, and my smoker is beginning to collect spider webs.

I just wanted to thank the folks on this forum for all of the great advice.  I can always count on several salient and helpful replies to my still rookie questions, generally within 5 minutes of posting.  Due to the input from the forum members, in the last month I have smoked my best brisket and butt that I have ever done.  Not a bad May, I must say.

At any rate, I will certainly begin contributing more when I feel like I have something to add.  Until then, thanks for all of the great advice, and keep Egging.

Austin, Texas
Vaya con Dios

Comments