Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead that went BIG

Options
2»

Comments

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options

20 sounds like a good round number. I'll take any that you can't find a place for :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options

From the sound of your environment I wouldn't even consider a small as your next Egg. Go for a large at least. You could have it set up for just baking and sides.

Also, it's great you have most of your accessories. You will know how many storage areas you will need when you build your new outdoor kitchen.  Whatever you allow...add a couple of empty spots because you will soon fill them up

\:D/
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,730
    Options
    Lets see, i ONLY have one large egg, but am thinking i need a new boat???  How many eggs will i have to buy, before "the new boat" sounds good to my wife???
    Works better the other way around. Imagine how many boats/corals I have bought to get to say "it's only a few thousand dollars for the grill and stuff hun"
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options

From the sound of your environment I wouldn't even consider a small as your next Egg. Go for a large at least. You could have it set up for just baking and sides.

Also, it's great you have most of your accessories. You will know how many storage areas you will need when you build your new outdoor kitchen.  Whatever you allow...add a couple of empty spots because you will soon fill them up

\:D/

I really have no idea what I'll add when the time comes. That's part of why I jumped all in with the XL and accessories now. I want to play with it for a year before deciding what I really will need when we do the addition.

Great points about storage. I hadn't thought about how much easier it will be to size the right cabinets with all the accessories on hand.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    The only problem I see with your setup is that all your excitement was blown on 1 transaction.  I like to space it out and buy something new each month so it gives me something to be excited about.  Take for example the wok.  I bought my wok, read a book on woking, spent a lot of time researching it online, got my wok, cooked on it once, then ordered something new, and haven't pulled the wok back out yet.  Again...I like to space it out a bit (learned that from the wok experience).

Either way it is quite an impressive setup!  Have fun and welcome.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    r270ba said:
    The only problem I see with your setup is that all your excitement was blown on 1 transaction.  I like to space it out and buy something new each month so it gives me something to be excited about.  Take for example the wok.  I bought my wok, read a book on woking, spent a lot of time researching it online, got my wok, cooked on it once, then ordered something new, and haven't pulled the wok back out yet.  Again...I like to space it out a bit (learned that from the wok experience).

Either way it is quite an impressive setup!  Have fun and welcome.

I actually feel like the different meats/cooks will be the little by little part. That and the millions of rubs out there.  This way if I am at work and see something I'm dying to try, I'll have the tools ready to go and just need to get the meat ready for the weekend.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Picked up a half moon grid to match the stone. I"m thinking I will have the perfect steak setup now. 

Ang-L brackets to keep the coals ont the direct side.

18" CI grid on the bottom of the Woo2, AR raised with halfstone wrapped in foil and half grid over it. I think this is all possible. I can't wait to play with all the possibilities.