Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Mates vs Table

Options
SCalHotRod
SCalHotRod Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,

I'm a soon-to-be Egger in Northern Calfornia and I have a question about workspace.

How many of you have Egg Mate side tables and are happy with them versus having a table?

Has anyone switched and wished they had bought the table in the first place?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.

Comments

• locolongball
    Options
    I live in some condos, so I really had no choice to go for the mates because of space. However, if you have the room, get the table. That will be one of the first things I do when we buy a house. The mates are starting to look very warn and aren't holding up that well.. I've been to Home Depot twice just for repairs on the mates. Ofcourse that's me, other may have had better luck. Enjoy the new egg!
  • SCalHotRod
    Options
    Ah, good advice Bryan, thanks!!

Chris
    Santa Clara, CA
    I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.
  • billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    I'll post you some pictures of my set up with the egg wings. We get along fine
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    i built a custom table and used granite on one side where all the prep work gets done. I think granite is the only way to go if you are doing a full blown table. I've seen some tables looking pretty worn after a few years in the weather.

I am building a small table for my new small BGE but this will have a stainless steel work surface. I don't think it will look as nice but will be a lot lighter and pretty duarable.

Cleanup and appearance are the biggest issue to consider.

Scott