Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anybody catch the OLN BBQ show last night?

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was busy watching Auburn lose to GA Tech again (grumble rassenfrassen farfugnugen) and didn't catch it. [p]What'd they cook, what'd they cook on and who won? Did they announce the NYC finalists, professional and amateur?[p]Todd

Comments

• Eggtuary
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Last night they cooked whole hog on some huge smokers, I forget the brand. Fast Eddie Maurin won. [p]The All-Star finalists include our own Dr. BBQ (woohoo!), Mike Davis, Bad Byron Chism, and -- Terry Black? I'm not 100% sure on those last two.[p]The civilians are the ladies team, Squeal of Approval, and a pair of guys, I think they're called En Fuego.[p]Good show, once again. Can't wait to see next week!

• Rumrunner
    Options
    Eggtuary, I'll occasionally watch the show on account of the good Doc's presence. However, I tend to lose interest when they skip over too much material (good stuff). This show really needed to be at least ONE hour long. But of course, I'm sure the half hour gig was up to OLN and not Chris Lilly :(

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]speaking of Chris Lilly, i was astounded to learn that he hadn't ever competed in BBQ until after he met his now wife and helped open the second Big Bob Gibson's restaurant. Since then, 8 or more Grand Championships and more state titles to boot? [p]Pretty impressive if you ask me...
  • Rumrunner
    Options
    Mark Backer, yup it is ;)

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]Oh yeah, they tried real hard to get an hour. They saw the same thing you see. They are hoping to get a second season scheduled soon and hope to go to an hour then.
    You can go to www.olntv.com and email them with your thoughts. I think it would help. [p]BTW, many of the production people now have eggs at home, including Chris. They love them.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Rumrunner
    Options
    drbbq, just got down sending them a missive on my thoughts regarding the subject above ;)