Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Ever Seen a Rib like This?

Bought what I thought were baby-back ribs yesterday and there's what must be a 4oz "medallion" attached to the rib.  Meat next to the bone was nice and moist but the meaty portion turned out a little dry.  If I buy these again I'll have to adjust the cooking method or switch to true ribs.  Thoughts?
·

Comments

• handicap pig?

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 4,919

No, I haven't seen one like that, but one time me & Wilma went to the drive-in for take out ribs and they were so big my car tipped over!  The whole thing was caught on a security camera.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • LMMFAO!!!
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    =))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,386
    one side of the loin is what was origionally called the country rib, thats what it looks like you have, the country rib which contains some darker fatty loin meat, they need to be cooked quicker. later on country ribs where made from a butt.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,183
    Are you sure it was not a roll rib end roast? Looks like it to me. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    Looks like you got country ribs from here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·