Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Apology and Open Letter to Focker

Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
Focker,

I posted a response on your forum, based on WPB's assertion that he had failed everyone for the failure of your forum.  In my mind, it looked like a death knoll of your forum, so I thought I was extending an olive branch for anyone who wanted to join our forum.  I thought it was prudent to point out the "very" different atmosphere here, knowing that some would not be inclined to come.  I had no other motive than to welcome new people.  Looking back, I see it was WPB's monthly whining that nobody loves him, or nobody contributes, etc. etc.  So, he was not throwing in the towel.  He just wants love.  Also, in your justification to LS, you said something about WKM (or whatever) stating about going forward and I had no right to post my post.  I had not seen that.

I am sorry that you took that wrong.  I will stand by the belief that some of you are very protective of your forum, and are militant against anyone who would extend an offer to, at least, join on a bi-forum basis, as you like to do.  Frankly, I was amazed at your viciousness of my post.  I don't believe that your statement that everybody knows about this forum is quite true.  I have read many threads that state that they have NEVER been to this forum, and never will.  With that in mind, I tried to outline the differences in the forum, which are large.  In this forum, we often get questions about where is the other forum, and everyone is more than happy to point them to your forum.

As you know, one of your statements bothered me, and you essentially repeated it on this forum.  It is your belief that the people there are a lot more experienced and better cooks since the forum has been online longer and we are all newbies.  I have to admit, I got a big chuckle out of that.  I challenged you to show some of your cooks, and I referenced some of mine on my website ... all of which I posted on the forum and gave recipes.  I never pretended to be the originator of the recipes, and always gave the link to where I found it (if I could recall).

It confuses me that you have not answered my request for you to post some of your cooks.  Being the experienced and innovative one, you could do us a great service by posting some of them.  However, I have never seen a cook you have done on either forum.  

Also, you like to quote Stike in one of his statements to me.  That was boggling (and creepy) in that I had forgotten that until you brought it up.  It troubles me that you either have a fixation on Stike or on me.  I didn't get along with Stike, but I give him the compliment of being intelligent and original.  Again, I have not seen that from you at all.

Please help me understand again where I've gone wrong.

P.S. I love your Bible quote.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    OK, I'm back. Gary is on a pharmacy scale? I am so outa here now

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    OK, I'm back. Gary is on a pharmacy scale? I am so outa here now
    Gee, Steve.  I have some little blue pills.  Your significant other asked if I could send some.  She appeared desperate.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Diptip
    Diptip Posts: 45
    Who voted VI the spokesmen for this group? You don't speak for me. I think you are one of the most unstable people here. When things don't go your way you take your ball and go home. You have a hard time dealing with people who disagree with you. You talk about how the other forum members treat people they don't like but promote the those same tactics here. You  are on one of you highs now but you are due for one of your meltdowns. It is your history coupled with what you posted over there that make you  what you are.

Go ahead and change history, I pity you.

In an idiots head.
  • The forum war, or whatever it should be called, started with the split right about the time I started egging.  I found the other forum easier to use--particularly once I figured out flat view--I think that is what it is called.  Maybe I am using this factory forum wrong, but it seems to me anytime someone adds a comment or post to an old thread, that comment and thread goes to top of list.  So, someone may be commenting on something that is 3 weeks old, and then I have to review the whole chain to see what it is about--which is frustrating and time consuming.  Also, seemed to be more back and forth bickering here. 

Anyway, let me know if there is some trick to how you can change the way the posts/threads show up here.

• Village Idiot
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Dipstick.  I don't know where you got the idea I knighted myself as any spokesman.  This all came up because I tried to welcome people to our forum.  If that means I'm a spokesman and you disagree with that, tell them to go fu(k off - you don't want them here.

I see you have 11 posts, so I will yield to your leadership.  In the meantime, please post some of your Egg cooks (if you own an Egg).  Otherwise, tell the "family" on the other forum how you slayed me on this forum without having the guts to show your true handle.

At least I have the balls to show who I am.  What a little pathetic coward you are !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Diptip said:

Who voted VI the spokesmen for this group? You don't speak for me. I think you are one of the most unstable people here. When things don't go your way you take your ball and go home. You have a hard time dealing with people who disagree with you. You talk about how the other forum members treat people they don't like but promote the those same tactics here. You  are on one of you highs now but you are due for one of your meltdowns. It is your history coupled with what you posted over there that make you  what you are.

Where did you come from @Dipshit?

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Diptip said:

Has anyone on here seen the "guy on a buffalo" YouTube videos? Hilarious. ;)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Village Idiot
    Has anyone on here seen the "guy on a buffalo" YouTube videos? Hilarious. ;)
    I saw it and I saw my life history.  I want to party with you, Cowboy!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Watch all 3. Greatness.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704

Watch all 3. Greatness.

Links?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    What about " the legend of chaw"?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Diptip said:

Hi Tweev    :x
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Guy on the Buffalo or Chuck Norris?
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @Diptip So you have been registered on the forum for 18 months, posted 11 times in those 18 months and decide it's time to attack VI?  I don't claim to be an expert in any of this but when my seven year old is disrespectful ..... I better stop.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    yumdinger said:
    Guy on the Buffalo or Chuck Norris?
    Guy on the buffalo has to be Chuck Norris.  Nothing else makes sense.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    If I attend an Eggfest live, in person, will threads like this one finally make sense?   :|

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• caliking said:
    Watch all 3. Greatness.
    Links?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM

watch in order. Some guy on here turned me on to it. He doesn't post much anymore. Forgot who :)

Funny stuff

• Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2013

• Diptip
    Diptip Posts: 45
    To anyone who wants to criticize me just point to where I posted something inaccurate. Vi posts some great stuff but he saw a weak spot and decided to go in and twist the knife. It shows what goes on in his mind. Personally if he was on on fire I wouldn't P!ZZ on him.
    In an idiots head.
  • Village Idiot
    Diptip said:
    To anyone who wants to criticize me just point to where I posted something inaccurate. Vi posts some great stuff but he saw a weak spot and decided to go in and twist the knife. It shows what goes on in his mind. Personally if he was on on fire I wouldn't P!ZZ on him.
    Well, Dipshit, I'd certainly piss on you.  Again, you are a fu(king coward.  I know you have another ID and probably prolific on the other forum.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Cant we all just Cook Along?
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013

The forum war, or whatever it should be called, started with the split right about the time I started egging.  I found the other forum easier to use--particularly once I figured out flat view--I think that is what it is called.  Maybe I am using this factory forum wrong, but it seems to me anytime someone adds a comment or post to an old thread, that comment and thread goes to top of list.  So, someone may be commenting on something that is 3 weeks old, and then I have to review the whole chain to see what it is about--which is frustrating and time consuming.  Also, seemed to be more back and forth bickering here. 

Anyway, let me know if there is some trick to how you can change the way the posts/threads show up here.

I have a stupid addictive personality and always gravitate towards forums to get informed. Outside of GE, every forum I've been a part of bumps threads to the top when a new post is made.

Maybe you just aren't a forum junky like myself, but this is pretty normal. Sure, every now and again a acient thread gets bumped...I still read them for laughs or just in case they contain good information. I prefer a "hot topic" to be at the top because if its on fire, I definitely don't want to miss it.

Like on said on GE, I think both formats suck, but this forum sucks less. We are very limited compared to other forums and this is the first forum I've had that lacked moderation. 90% of the forums I've frequented have a format like the brethren and I definitely wish they would have went this route. Lack of voting, polls, and moderation scratches all the fun stuff you normally see on forums.

I'm here because I enjoy 94.6% of our members! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • IrishDevl said:
    I hope nobody @#!*% on me.
    me too?  :|
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    IrishDevl said:
    I hope nobody pisses on me.
    I would piss on anyone if they were on fire or smoldering or irritating me or something.
    Flint, Michigan
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    We're still just basically talkin about cooking with fire right?
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Especially if they had eaten asparagus. That makes my golden Laser stink.