Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Proper Preparation for GA Mountain Eggfest

dpittard
dpittard Posts: 126
I'll be attending the Georgia Mountain Eggfest this Saturday and picking up my BGE!  Seeing that this is my first Eggfest, I'm curious to know what the Mrs. and I should pack.  I'm assuming lawn chairs to sit in the shade.  Obviously food will be abundant.  What about adult beverages?  Can I bring my own beer or will there be beverages sold on site only?  I've got a good bit of homebrew I'd like to bring!  Maybe @egret can chime in specifically on this little policy issue.

Anything else you Eggfest veterans can't live without at an Eggfest?

Cheers!

Daniel

LBGE with a massive wish list
Athens, Ga.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I haven't made it for a couple of years...but when I went it was BYOB for adult beverages.  

Other than that...just bring plenty of cash because you will want to buy some stuff from the vendors ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170

Regarding your demo BGE-make sure the used lump is cooled and out of the BGE before the road-trip.  Yes, there have been demo BGE's that self-started on the ride to their new home! 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I don't think there was any alcohol sold at the fest (he snickers) as I can remember. There is beer available in town

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    I hate that we are going to miss this one ~ sorry, @egret!   :(

My advice: pace yourself.  There will be so much incredible food and you don't want to miss any of it.  

Have a great time... I'll be checking in for updates!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    From Egrets email to the cooks "Also, there will be no beer and wine sales at the Meet & Greet this year, so feel free to bring your own drink of choice to the Meet and Greet and/or to the Eggfest." I brought my own in the last 2 years.
  • JoeMac
    JoeMac Posts: 17
    I will also attending the egg fest, I'm in the marker for an adjustable rig, does anyone know If they will have any vendors there for those, this will be my first egg fest, Thank you.