Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT: Apology for Mr. Charlie Tuna

MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,811
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
Charlie, this is a public apology for calling you out on a thread a week or so ago. It was uncalled for and immature.

Also, please do not take any "disagree" personal. It is nothing against you. I, nor many others on here, do not know you and will more than likely never meet you. It is simply because your comment was 1. Off topic, 2. I truly disagree with it, not who wrote it.

Just a small piece of advice I'd like to give you, your first post on a number of people's thread is:

"I do that this way"
"That is wrong because of this"

You say that they are to point newbs toward the right direction, but because of this trend, it causes some of us to snap back and usually does come across as a negative comment for a thread that is a great cook and would lead most newbs not to post because they aren't doing things "your way".

I'm not calling you out, but posting this publicly to just try and ease some of the tension I have caused about you and give you some insight into how I and others take some of your comments.

You have some great cooks, great advice, and are a good resource for newbs, but at times come across negative and you appear not to see why some of us disagree with you.

Fwiw, I truly mean this as a help toward a fellow egger, an apology, and a treaty to move forward on.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)

Comments