Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother's Day "Extravevaganza Weekend"

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
I asked my 9 month pregnant wife what she wanted for Mothers Day, but she didn't request a meal...she requested three. I'm just bright enough to realize that was a reasonable request. Last night was lobster, tonight was duck, and tomorrow she wants pizza.

Cooked a Peking style duck, along with crepes (I did those myself for the first time), plus Smashed Potatos.

For the potatoes, I boiled for about 20 minutes until just fork tender, then transferred to a disposable perforated aluminum pan. Slightly smashed, added olive oil, salt, pepper, Ana's Herbs and fresh rosemary. Grilled direct, didn't time but guessing it was 10-12 minutes at about 450 dome.

I cooked the duck indirect, starting off at 350 and after about 45 minutes kicking it up to 450 to crisp up the skin. Pulled at 170 internal. The duck was the best ever.so moist and juicy, impressive for duck. I let the duck dry out uncovered in the refrigerator for 24 hours, and that really made a big difference.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments