Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Made some Cheesesteak Sandwiches

robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
Made some cheese steak sandwiches last night.  Used a flank steak that I marinated for ~45 minutes in (Soy sauce, steak sauce {butcher], garlic powder, Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express, and Guldens Brown mustard).

Got the Egg up to ~350 and put a frying pan on the Egg to cook the Vadalia onions with butter until soft. Once the onions were done I cranked up the Egg to 500.  Put the steak on and cooked to 140 - took about 15-20 minutes I guess (drinks were flowing).

Let the steak rest while I put on my indirect ceramic stone on the Egg, lowered the temp and waited for the Egg to come back to ~350 (~10 minutes).

Cut up the steak and put the steak onions and provolone cheese on the rolls and on the Egg until the cheese melted.

Came out GREAT!  I want more now but there are NO leftovers.  Friend came by and loved it as well.  The best was my young daughter coming up to me a little later and giving me a hug telling me the steak was delicious. 

Garnerville, NY
onion1.jpg 50.7K
onion2.jpg 41.9K
steak1.jpg 47.9K
steak2.jpg 60.4K
steak3.jpg 55.8K
·

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks good Rob, steak looks cooked perfect. Glad everyone enjoyed it
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,292
    I agree. The best part is your daughters approval via hug. Well done. Looks good from here
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,593
    Looks great Rob!  Steak sammie with a side of tots...can't beat that!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,971
    Steak looks awesome!

Compliments from kiddos are unmatched! :) Good job!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • DomCalDomCal Posts: 31
    That looks great!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,938
    That's a great looking sandwich and the hug is the best reward for egging...

Now, being from the Philly area, while they are a great looking and I have no doubt tasty sandwich, they are not cheesesteaks :)

These are cheesesteaks... Just the most notable(not necessarily the best in town by any means)

http://www.patskingofsteaks.com/
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,431
    Looks fantastic! Heck, I woulda hugged you too! :D
    ·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    edited May 2013
    Tots are GREAT done on the Egg. :)
     I just toss em on the grate and add a little smoke
    :)

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • Great looking sandwiches!

I made some "cheesesteaks" from leftover bottom round that I did up for deli roast beef.  Sautéed some onion and green pepper, then seared off the thin beef.  Topped off with provolone then tossed on a hoagie roll.  As "Hapster" mentioned I know it's not the right beef or Amoroso roll, but it's the best I could do here in Tampa :)

·