Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Made some Cheesesteak Sandwiches

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
Made some cheese steak sandwiches last night.  Used a flank steak that I marinated for ~45 minutes in (Soy sauce, steak sauce {butcher], garlic powder, Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express, and Guldens Brown mustard).

Got the Egg up to ~350 and put a frying pan on the Egg to cook the Vadalia onions with butter until soft. Once the onions were done I cranked up the Egg to 500.  Put the steak on and cooked to 140 - took about 15-20 minutes I guess (drinks were flowing).

Let the steak rest while I put on my indirect ceramic stone on the Egg, lowered the temp and waited for the Egg to come back to ~350 (~10 minutes).

Cut up the steak and put the steak onions and provolone cheese on the rolls and on the Egg until the cheese melted.

Came out GREAT!  I want more now but there are NO leftovers.  Friend came by and loved it as well.  The best was my young daughter coming up to me a little later and giving me a hug telling me the steak was delicious. 

Garnerville, NY

Comments