Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Extra large BGE

Options
Charlie
Charlie Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking at an opportunity to upgrade to new extra large egg. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    XLribs.jpg
    <p />Charlie,
    Any particular questions?? The XL cooks some mean ribs for one!
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Grate Grills
    Options
    Nature Boy, Nice looking ribs, Don't have an XL yet...Making sure all bugs are worked out before grabing an XL. kurt

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thanks Kurt. The judges seemed to like them in this case![p]I noticed on the results that Pig Floyd done purty good this last time out. You were well into the top ten weren't you? Congrats!!! Hope buisness is good. When do you head down to the keys?
    Beers mang
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    I finally got my XL (been trying since March). I have wanted a BGE for a long time and finally talked wife into it. I am a KCBS judge and have talked to Ray, aka DrBBQ, a few times on the circuit about the BGE. How much (high) BGE lump do I put in for steaks? low and slow cooks? Do I need to upgrade the temp gauge that came w/XL? Do you recommend getting a Guru? If so will the Pit Viper work? Is the Wicked Good worth the trouble to start as TNW states? What is the difference temps between dome and grate? So many questions I know. I have also met Green eggs and Ham a few times on the circuit. I will be at Eggtoberfest. I can't wait to meet other old eggheads. I do appreciate any help or advice you may give me.[p]Greenly yours'[p]Ralph Chambers[p][p][p][p]