Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

J Mueller for lunch!

So - went to J Mueller's meat co. for lunch.  Left at 10:30 thinking the line would be huge - but it's a chilly day.  No line, was done at 11, and now I'm back at work ready for a nap at 11:30.  The plate you see is 1/4lb brisket and 1/2 lb beef short rib, and a mexican coke.  TT&L ~16 bucks.

BBQ was a good inspiration for this weekends brisket.  Fantastic - got the 'moist' and it was both flat and point still together.  Bark was thick, peppery and sticky (Beef love?)  The rib was crazy good - same thick crust.  The BBQ sauce was very spicy (hot), a little goes a long way.  Too much can cover it up in a hurry.

There was a line when I left.  The pit is right there in a shack - you can tell he doesn't go for high volume production.  Large offset smoker, three 3 foot doors.  The facility is outdoors, picnic tables and trailers for food service.  He's gotta be looking to upgrade, maybe wise enough to wait for a restaurateur to help instead of just some dude with cash?

Time to sleep.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.

Comments