Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Raising the Grid

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but in an effort to distill opinions, I was hoping to find a simple and inexpensive way to raise the grid for direct cooking.  The height I would like is like having the platesetter legs up but without the platesetter

I would also like to avoid having to buy the elegant but very expensive solutions, especially when you add shipping to Canada

Best thought I have so far is a couple of firebricks, but am having some trouble understanding how this would be stable sitting on such a narrow shelf on the edge of the firebox

Thanks

Comments