Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

The egg wins again

• GK59GK59 Posts: 501

Way to go Travis !

Have you ever done a brisket turbo style? If so how?

Butts and ribs both get turboed for now on.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    @travistrick I won a first place brisket last month here in DC - your right it is like cheating.  Good for you!  And second place as well... 
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 577
    Too cool. Congrats.
  • ^:)^

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Bravo my friend! When I grow up I want to be just like Travis.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Congratulations Travis
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,882
    Congrats! I was talking to brother in law last week. He was saying wouldn't buy an egg bc they never win the BBQ comps.
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I think this is the first thread where the "Like" pictures went to the second row.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,927
    =D> ^:)^
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 269

Thanks for always sharing your insight
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,316
    A very hearty congratulations to you and your buddy Jon! Hilarious that the trophies have offset toppers.

I don't get what the others were sore about? They spent money on big rigs, you spent money on a maverick and a thermapen. After that its all skill and know-how, and yours beat theirs :) Talk about a bunch of poor losers.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,684
    Damn Travis, you got first and third out of three teams?? Badass man. Congrats brother. :-\"
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,866
    Chubbs said:

Damn Travis, you got first and third out of three teams?? Badass man. Congrats brother. :-\"

Damn you chubbs! No one is supposed to know!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.