Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first prime rib....

Options
TTUEgghead
TTUEgghead Posts: 23

I am a long time lurker who just recently joined the forum and I wanted to share some pics of my first prime rib, which I just cooked tonight.  Turned out amazing.  I was a little apprehensive about this going in, given how much the meat costs and the fact that I'd never cooked it before.  I don't often use the meat thermometer but for this I did, figured I couldn't do without for a cook like this.  Took it off at 132. 

I planned on using the reverse sear method from nibblemethis.com, but it didn't quite work out.  I was in a bit of a time crunch and it was taking a long time to get the meat up to a decent temp, so after 2.5 hours at 225-250 I just opened the vents all the way up and used the meat thermometer as my guide.  I was worried it might dry out a bit but it wound up being perfect! 

I've had my egg for close to three years and I use it regularly, but I have to say I think this might be the best I've done on the egg thus far.  Already looking forward to cooking another one.....

XL BGE, egghead since 2010

Favorites: Beer Butt Chicken, Paella, ABT's, Prime Rib

Comments