Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Rookie mistake-- Decent pad Thai

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
Was excited about lighting the egg tonight. Came home from whole foods with fixins for a pad Thai. Got the spider and wok out and started marinating the beef. Only to find..... No lump... What egger runs out of lump?? So, knocked the dust off of the storage clock and pulled out an indoor wok. Our family uses "Janet's pad Thai" from food network. Great recipe, but not as good as on egg. Beef didn't cook fast enough so it was tough. Wife still loved it, but I was disappointed. Few bad phone pics for proof. First is searing beef after noodles cooked. Second is a rushed plated pic.
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    Options
    I've run out before, had stockpiled RO from wally world at end of season to make sure I had it for a while...one Friday night went to light it....hmmm, need to add some lump.  Opened storage cabinet....D'OH...luckily had something else to cook.........just saved the steaks until Saturday.

Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014