Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Stainless table/cabinet from BGE

has anyone else gotten the new BGE catalog.  BGE is now selling a new stainless steel table with lots of storage.  Looks really nice.  Anyone seen these or have any more info?

Garnerville, NY
·

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,405
    Where did you see it?

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • I saw one at Ace Hardware in Alexandria, Louisiana I guess they are so proud of that one it didn't want to put a price on it, and I knew I didn't want to ask... It was very nice though

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
    Sorry, just re-read your post and you said in the new catalog.  I looked at their online catalog and it's not in there.

Mike

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    This post has some nice tables with storage options, I haven't seen the BGE one and tried a quick search and didn't find it either. 

@BOWHUNR has one i've seen in a couple of posts seems to have a good amount of storage. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Can you post a photo @robnybbq
    ·
    Here's a photo of mine.

Mike

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I have the same one @BOWHUNER has, got it last week. Gotta take my egg apart and put it in and I'll post pictures
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,681
    That cart is nice.  BGE is not selling their own aluminum table/cart.  It's a little bigger than that one. 

Not sure what I am going to do now after seeing Holy cow. Feeling very lucky today. thread.  Fire scares me,

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    edited April 2013

Last year I special ordered and got a bunch of western red cedar in the hopes of building a table. (not readily available in the south east) Anyway, got called up and returned and every time I go to my shop, I hesitate. Its sitting there. See pic.

My basement is an aviation workshop where I am building an RV 10. I have many tables built and jigs. No, not lazy.

Actually, I bought extra wood so I can build a table for a very challenged female egger also who happened to be here a lot. I can rip wood for two tables and build them up at the same time.

Realized the potential risk involved with a wooden structure and a Hi temp coal burning device and decided/was advised to not build for anybody else due to liability. She has not been here anyway in a long time.

So what I am thinking is to keep my 2 dogs in their nest on concrete pavers all around them(on a tall wooden deck) and build a table in between them for prep and hold, storage. It will be granite of course for a surface.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
    Anyone find out anymore information on those new BGE Aluminum tables?

page 33 on the latest BGE Life Style magazine.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/publications/

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Kind of reminds me of working at the mothership a couple of years ago ( electrical work ). . They had came out with the hitch hauler for your egg. I thought man that's cool, till I saw the $ 1,500 price tag!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Can't believe they would build a table without a "bottle opener" on it L-)
    ·
    I want an outdoor cabinet system or similar that is NOT wood.  I have two issues.  1.  the Egg is on a wood deck (Only used the Egg once since seeing CentTex's fire thread) and 2.  I have allot of stuff to store and I do not have the knowledge to build my own cabinet.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
    The nest works great for me, and i cook over a concrete slab, but if i was cooking on a wood deck, i go along with robnybbq's concerns.  There are some first class stainless steel work tables that can be adapted to an egg table, even if you had to bring it to a metal shop to cut the hole, lower the legs and add wheels, it can't cost that much! 
    ·
  • I saw this on Craigs List Check it out  http://austin.craigslist.org/ppd/3709977336.html Have a good day 
    ;)

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • GadamieGadamie Posts: 6
    here is mine. tons of storage.
    IMG_5078.JPG 115.1K
    IMG_5080.JPG 119.9K
    ·
    Gadamie - Where did you get that?

Garnerville, NY
    ·
    Cajun - that looks nice as well.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
    Rob, This is my new table. I'll PM you the info on it
    My Table.JPG 760.5K
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,308
    The double table looks pretty sweet.  I'd make room for it if a truck dropped one at my house.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,116
    robnybbq said:
    has anyone else gotten the new BGE catalog.  BGE is now selling a new stainless steel table with lots of storage.  Looks really nice.  Anyone seen these or have any more info?
    The 76" stainless table has a suggested retail of $3,499.99
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
    BGE really like's this table!!! :((   I think you could buy table and have your local metal shop make the necessary changes for egging ! 
    ·
  • horsefleshhorseflesh Posts: 204
    SmokinDAWG82, can you post the info in the thread if it's not private? I am curious too. I would also love to see a pic with all the storage open, like Gadamie posted. (And I second Rob's vote for more info.)
    ·
  • Here's the newest table from BGE.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,408

A local ace carries them. Here is a link to their Craigslist add with a picture of it. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/hsd/3750679807.html

·
  • This reminds me of the old saying "If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it!"

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 665
    Lots of cooking,Photography , electronics, old cars, entertaining.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
    Here is the website for my table

http://www.castlestove.com/subCategory.asp_Q_catID_E_104

Sorry don't have an open picture and can't take one. Maybe this weekend
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,280
    edited April 2013
    I have the Southern Specialties SS for the large and love it. Lots of storage space, SS top easy to clean with lots of prep area. Unless a hail storm is coming, table and egg live uncovered.
    Link is: http://www.southernspecialtiesoutdoor.com
    (had to do link on computer...one of these days will figure out how to do that on the ipad )
    :\">
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 386

I have an outdoor kitchen from challenger cabinets.  (that is probably who is fabricating the bge model)  It is very nice.  It is all aluminum that is powder coated.  I am impressed with it so far, though it is pretty pricey.  They were a great company to deal with as well.

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·