Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggplant Parmesan

Options

After the visit to the Doctor a few weeks ago the wife has told me that we need one vegetarian meal a week, so I agreed and have started working out and then finishing it with a 30 min walk.

Decided on Eggplant Parmesan (saw a thread a few weeks ago). Started the day off at 8AM by making my marinara sauce, I like a long slow simmer for my sauce. After my walk I got home around 6:30 and started the egg and Grilled my egg plant at 400 direct to get a nice char on them. I assembled the eggplant and sauce in layers and with some Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese. Topped with a little mozzarella and baked on the egg at 350 indirect for 45MIN. Served with beefsteak tomato with balsamic vinegar and fresh basil.

All in all this was a great dish, next week for vegetarian will do a veggie stir fry.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

ep.JPG 561.3K
ep1.JPG 521.5K
ep2.JPG 628.1K
ep3.JPG 479.9K

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    This really looks good and close to what i do with egg plant!!
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    can you post your sauce recipe?

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    • 2 28OZ Cans CentoTomato Puree
    • 1 28OZ Can Cento Peeled Tomatos
    • 1 Small Yellow onion diced
    • 1 Shallot Diced
    • 6-10 Garlic Cloves
    • Handfull of Fresh Basil Chopped
    • Handfull of Fresh Oregano Chopped
    • Bay Leaf
    • Pinch of salt
    • pinch of sugar
    • 1/4 cup EVOO

I like to saute up the onions, arlic and shallots at the begining with a little evoo and thn dump in the tomato sauce.

I slow cooked this for about 9 Hours and let all the spices and plump tomatos cook down. You can add if it starts getting real thick, thats what I do through out the day.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Thanks, another recipe on my list for next week! 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks and sounds great! Thanks for the sauce recipe. Does the sauce freeze well?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    caliking said:
    Looks and sounds great! Thanks for the sauce recipe. Does the sauce freeze well?

Thanks, Yep on the sauce I usally make a double batch and then vacuum seal up 5 or 6 individual ones and use them for pizza nights or heat the sauce and throw in some Itallian Sausage and have spaghetti nights.

If you dont have a food saver the little rubber maid containers work as well.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.