Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Swamp Venom Boston Butt! W/ Pics!

I put this on around 1 a.m.  I know why am I up that late!  HAHAHA  It is never too late to egg!  I used mustard for the base and covered in swamp venom rub, a touch of salt and pepper, and some kroger brand pork rub.  I put it on at 225 and did not open it till IT hit 195!  Cooked indirect with only water in the drip pan and using hickory chips.

This is it at 195 IT about to come off the egg!

Look at how clean this bone pulled out!

Shredded it with the BGE bear claws!

Then added Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauces.  The one on the left is the vidalia onion variety and the one on the right is the honey chipolte!  Wow were these good additions!  I actually grew up in Vidalia so anything with that name on it must meet a high standard for me to say it is good!  This was amazing on pulled pork.

The bark on this butt was the best I have ever tasted so far!

Comments